Ann Voskamp published “One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are” in January. I didn’t start my list of things I gifts I already have until June, when it’s summer, when it’s hardest.
Unlike Ann, I don’t live in Canada on a farm. I live in Texas, and I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate summer. All of it. I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder in reverse. So when better to start a gratitude list?
The last week of my summer I escaped to Colorado, to the Y Camp next to Rocky Mountain National Park. I think it is a sign of God’s grace that I was already to #371 by the time I left.
For the next few days, I’m sharing my list. Summer is over in terms of school, but the weather hasn’t gotten the message.
372) Idea of salt air in the mountains.
373) Safe drive into San Antonio.
374) Found right exit for airport and correct lane.
375) Got a space in the garage, near the stairs. Sun is OK.
376) Check-in = fine.
377) Security = great. (the best part of S.A.)
378) Easy flight.
379) Found food in airport before totally bonking.
380) Nun getting a Happy Meal at McDonald’s. She pulled out the toy and looked at it.
381) Daughter found bags, where Southwest was holding them for us.