As I posted on 08/24/11, I’m sharing part of my list of “One Thousand Gifts,” as inspired by Ann Voskamp, the part that occurred during my short trip to Estes Park, Colorado.
392) Phone call with Dad.
393) Message from Carla.
394) IN ADVANCE, because Ann would want me to be grateful for sucky things, including no internet at Opa when I have magazine work to do.
395) Son and husband: resolution for the Extreme Conflict of the Week [on my knees for that one!]
396) Fleeting sunrise, fuschia undersides of clouds.
397) The morning–still. My breath–loud.
398) Wait! Those same clouds, now glory-tinged.
399) Hey, birds! There you are! Good morning!
400) The sun also rises on CC&Y.
401) A rainy walk (for Deidra, because she told me to).